66% off 10 early New England place dictionaries.
Now you can get all of the classic early gazetteers of New England on a single searchable CD-ROM. This comprehensive place dictionary includes 10 rare books, more than 4600 pages, and the names and descriptions of thousands of places, many of which are no longer known by the same name. In many cases, the names and biographies of the earliest settlers, ministers, and prominent citizens are also included. Search for a place across all of Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Connecticut, and Rhode Island at the same time using AND, OR, phrase, and word-proximity searches. Six early New England maps are also included in high-resolution.
Search ALL of these classic New England Gazetteers at one time!
- John Hayward, The New England Gazetteer; Containing Descriptions of All the States, Counties and Towns in New England: Also Descriptions of all the States, Counties, and Towns in New England and Fashionable Resorts within that Territory, Alphabetically Arranged (1839)
- John C. Pease and John M. Niles, Gazetteer of the States of Connecticut and Rhode Island (1819)
- P.J. Hannifan and Co., Road and County Map of Connecticut and Rhode Island and Gazetteer... and Business Directory (1898)
- Geo. J. Varney, Gazetteer of the State of Maine; With Numerous Illustrations (1886)
- Rev. Elias Nason, M.A., A Gazetteer of the State of Massachusetts (1874)
- Eliphalet Merrill and Phinehas Merrill, Esq., A Gazetteer of the State of New Hampshire, In Three Parts (1817)
- John Farmer and Jacob B. Moore, A Gazetteer of the State of New-Hampshire (1823)
- Alonzo J. Fogg, The Statistics and Gazetteer of New-Hampshire; Containing Descriptions of all of the Counties, Towns and Villages; Also Boundaries and Area of the State and its Natural Resources (1874)
- Zadock Thompson, History of Vermont, Natural, Civil, and Statistical in Three Parts, with a new Map of the State, and 200 engravings (1842, 1853)
- E. P. Walton, Walton’s Vermont Register and Farmers’ Almanac for 1879 (1879)
Summary by Archive CD Books USA
The CD includes high-quality images of every page as originally published (not just a transcript) and is fully searchable using Adobe Acrobat Reader (version 5 or later recommended) on any Windows, Macintosh, or Unix computer. The data on this CD is completely self-contained, and requires no installation.
"The fact that information on this disk is fully searchable by every word of all ten books in one search makes for a much better collection that is easy to use. This search feature alone makes the CD much more valuable than others that I have used. I wish that all PDF-based CD disks had similar search capabilities. If you have New England ancestors, you will want to add the Compendium of New England Gazetteers to your collection. I suspect you will refer to it often as you search for more and more information about your ancestors and the towns in which they lived."
Eastman's Online Genealogy Newsletter, 4 July 2007
Full review: http://blog.eogn.com/eastmans_online_genealogy/2007/07/cd-rom-compendi.html
Regular price when purchased separately=
|Product Coupon Code: (Not for resale)