I have created a tag called "Gravestone" where (now that I have centering) i put the inscription. The tag reads: The gravestone inscription <[L]> reads: <[M]>[:CR:][:CR:]

Is there anyway to prevent a period from finishing off this sentience?

See the TMG Help file under the topic "Suppressing Punctuation". As stated there: "The sentence code, [:NP:], causes the trailing punctuation for that tag to be suppressed."

A more accurate description of the function of the [:NP:] code is that is causes the punctuation of the sentence to be left exactly as the user creates it. Nothing is added, and nothing is taken away.

Normally TMG "cleans up" the end of each sentence, which I suppose is intended to help make it easier to get all the various outputs that might occur with multiple conditional clauses in the Sentence to work correctly. Basically, it removes all trailing punctuation, thus getting rid of multiple periods, final commas, etc., then adds a single period. There are a few exceptions - it leaves question marks and periods followed by a closing quotation mark in place and doesn't add another period. The [:NP:] code turns off this "clean-up" leaving whatever you put there, if anything, in the final output.

Thank you very much. Worked well