DebbieV76

Kinship Report help please

I'm printing a descendants only (no spouses) kinship report for my Grandfather. (I will be setting up report definitions for each of his 45 first cousins as well.)

I would like to be able to have each section (children, grandchildren, great grandchildren) print in a certain order... either by family, birth date, reference number, or alphabetical. Any suggestions?

Right now the report prints the names in the order they were input to the dbase within each section. Thanks in advance. :)

Debbie,

So far as I can see, there is no way to control the order of those listed in each section. They appear to be in ID# order. If that's the case, I suppose you could control them by changing their ID#s, but that's a lot of work.

I'm printing a descendants only (no spouses) kinship report for my Grandfather. (I will be setting up report definitions for each of his 45 first cousins as well.)

I would like to be able to have each section (children, grandchildren, great grandchildren) print in a certain order... either by family, birth date, reference number, or alphabetical. Any suggestions?

Right now the report prints the names in the order they were input to the dbase within each section. Thanks in advance. :)

Have you tried the Descendant Indented Narrative? Maybe it's close enough to what you want.

Good luck,

Mike Talbot

Good idea, Mike. :-)

You could actually get quite close if you used a custom language, with special sentences for the birth and death tags. That way the output for each person could be as brief as you like.

The main difference is that the children and grandchildren would appear under their parents, rather than each generation grouped together.