featheriver

Is TMG Utility Ver. 7 compatible with Windows Vista?

I'm running TMG version 7 with 32-bit Windows Vista. I'm interested in using John Cardinal's TMG Utility version 7. From what I've read on the TMG Utility site it was last tested in 2002 on Windows NT, 2000, and XP.

Anyone know whether or not it is compatible with Windows Vista? If not, is there an upgrade expected for the Utility?

Thank you.

Featheriver

I'm running TMG version 7 with 32-bit Windows Vista. I'm interested in using John Cardinal's TMG Utility version 7. From what I've read on the TMG Utility site it was last tested in 2002 on Windows NT, 2000, and XP.

Anyone know whether or not it is compatible with Windows Vista? If not, is there an upgrade expected for the Utility?

Thank you.

Featheriver

I've run it -- and Second Site, too -- under Vista Ultimate, both 32-bit and 64-bit versions, without the slightest difficulty.

formerprof

That particular page (linked above) is out of date. There have been 16 releases between 2003 and 2008, and they all have been tested on multiple Windows operating systems including Windows 2000, Windows XP, and (lately) Windows Vista. I do not use Vista, but beta testers for TMG Utility have tested it.

I do not know if it has been tested on 64bit operating systems; I have not done so. I believe it would work on a 64bit OS but I can't say for certain.

TMG Utility will not work on 16bit versions of Windows such as Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows ME, etc.

That particular page (linked above) is out of date. There have been 16 releases between 2003 and 2008, and they all have been tested on multiple Windows operating systems including Windows 2000, Windows XP, and (lately) Windows Vista. I do not use Vista, but beta testers for TMG Utility have tested it.

I do not know if it has been tested on 64bit operating systems; I have not done so. I believe it would work on a 64bit OS but I can't say for certain.

TMG Utility will not work on 16bit versions of Windows such as Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows ME, etc.

Being new to Mac, I am running TMG 7.04 on a Mac using Parallels 8 and XP-sp2. So far, so good...

But,

When I try to run TMG Utility 7.2 build 08, as I used before on my Windows PC, it returns:

"This program does not support TMG project structure version 8.0 databases. You may need a new version of TMG Utility or a new version of the compatibility check file, see http://www.johncardinal.com/tmgutil"

Since I have the newest versions (I suppose), Is there something I can do about it?

Thank you.