DebbieV76

Printing name tags for a family reunion

I would love to print name tags for our upcoming family reunion.

I would like to have nick names used.

Not everyone has nick names.

Women to have both maiden and married names. Any ideas?

Any insights would be very helpful. thanks!

Debbie

Debbie,

Yes, I have done this, but not inside of TMG. What you need to do is have a list of people first. So I went to TMG and asked for:

List of People

Descendant of [?] AND

Living flag =Y END

TMG will ask you for the ID number. Our reunion is the descendants of George L. Gee, so I put his ID number in. That gave me a list of people who were living descendants.

Then I went to Word and used a template for the name tags I had bought and manually typed in the names. On my template, I had each person's name and which GRANDCHILD of George L. they were descended from (most of us come from one child who had 13 children). So my name tag read:

Teresa Elliott

Descendant of John Wesley Ghee

Then everyone with John Wesley could gather and know they were closer cousins than someone with another child's name. Made picture taking time a snap (pun intended.) :D

I used TMG to help me know which people went with which descendant. The easiest way is to run the above report for each grandchild and do the name tags for each person on each list.

I am sure there are ways to do this in TMG, but now I have the Word file, I can just add or subtract names from it.

I also use Word for our addresses for the family reunion. It's just short and sweet and easy to delete or add someone to the list and change address information if needed.