Sign in to follow this  
JohnR

Language Problem?

Using TMG7.02 UK Edition and when I now go to edit a sentence in the Master Tag Type List, English seems dulled and there are no language options so I get the default US ? English even though I have edited a sentence in an individual tag entry.

On going to File > Language English is selected and dulled, as is Customize.

What have I missed?

John

Edited by JohnR

The language pack hasn't been loaded. Did you install it? Are the strings files in the program folder? Are the strings files in the shared program data folder?

The language pack hasn't been loaded. Did you install it? Are the strings files in the program folder? Are the strings files in the shared program data folder?

I simply went Help>Update and accepted the language pack as usual.

There are 3 stings files DBF, FPT and upd in the TMG7 Directory and a strings.fpt file in All Users\Application Data

How do a find the language pack? and where do I stick it :wacko:

John

The language pack is the strings.* files.

Copy the three strings.* files from the program folder to the shared program data files folder. Since you said that two of the files are missing there, the problem is explained. Why it happened is a different issue. :wacko:

The language pack is the strings.* files.

Copy the three strings.* files from the program folder to the shared program data files folder. Since you said that two of the files are missing there, the problem is explained. Why it happened is a different issue. :wacko:

Thank you, that seems to have worked fine. There is no need to now discuss as to why UK English is not THE language of choice :rolleyes:

John

There is no need to now discuss as to why UK English is not THE language of choice :rolleyes:

There is only one Tmg7.exe and when no language files are available, the default built-in language is English (US). The language files must be available for English (UK) to be selected.