Sign in to follow this  
Neil Grantham

7.2 upgrade error messages

Hi

On the 2 PC's I use my TMG V7 on, I updated them to 7.2, then rebooted as suggested.

On opening my project, on both PC's, I got the following errors:

File must be opened exclusively 1470 INDEXON and also 1520 INDEXON (several times)

The project opened seemingly OK

I closed and reopened without the errors

Are these something to worry about?

I have since run the usual Maintenance tasks with no errors reported.

Several people have seen this on the first opening after reboot and it seems to be of no consequence.

The indexing errors are following the project update to v7.02 and are related to that.

I got the same error message and chose "Abort"

Now I'm getting more error messages such as "Variable 'GAREMINDERS' is not found. 2MYHINT.RELEASE"

Now I can't Abort, Retry or Ignore so I have to use <Ctrl-Alt-Delete> to re-boot.

If the problem persists I'll come back.

I got the same error message and chose "Abort"

Now I'm getting more error messages such as "Variable 'GAREMINDERS' is not found. 2MYHINT.RELEASE"

Now I can't Abort, Retry or Ignore so I have to use <Ctrl-Alt-Delete> to re-boot.

If the problem persists I'll come back.

I've just done the update and having got past the first error message am getting:

"Alias not found 12 FRMEVENTS.MGETHINT"

can't abort or ignore just keep getting more error messages

After the 3rd re-boot the problem seems to have gone away

I'm still getting this error after the upgrade to 7.03. I also get the error if I try to either Reindex or Optimize my file. If I choose "Abort," which is - essentially - my only choice, then the maintenance function is aborted. I'm getting some other seemingly random errors when I do data entry, such as the "Alias not Found" one mentioned above, when I try to do any data entry.

Is there any other work-around?

Did I miss where this was already discussed and (hopefully) solved in another thread?

Edited by Heintz57Kids

I'm still getting this error after the upgrade to 7.03. I also get the error if I try to either Reindex or Optimize my file. If I choose "Abort," which is - essentially - my only choice, then the maintenance function is aborted. I'm getting some other seemingly random errors when I do data entry, such as the "Alias not Found" one mentioned above, when I try to do any data entry.

Is there any other work-around?

Did I miss where this was already discussed and (hopefully) solved in another thread?

Replying to my own post, in case anyone else runs into this.

I closed and reopened TMG one more time, and the INDEXON bug seems to have disappeared. Don't know yet about the Alias not Found one. :unsure: