Sign in to follow this  
nitemarecooper

No paternal ancestors on Pedigree chart

I am running v6.12 on Windows XP. When I try to print to screen a Pedigree chart (haven't tried sending to printer yet) I get the focus individual and his/her mother and the mother's full ancestors and info. However, all I get on the father's side is the name of the father, no info and no ancestors of the father. I never had a problem printing Pedigree charts in the past (I'm not new to TMG v6), however this is my first time using it on this new install.

I do have No Threshold and Include Blank Surety checked off. What could the problem be? Thanks.

Mike

Mike,

I very much doubt that your issue is related to your install, although I always run Optimize and Validate File Integrity whenever I have an "odd occurance" just in case. (worth a try). I've just run a Pedigree Chart and as you've obviously checked there are no options to limit the output in the way you describe. Somewhat puzzling! Does the problem persist with other individuals?

It sounds to me that you have a parent who is not not set to be a primary.

What happens if you start from a progenitor that doesn' t show on the pedigree and output a Descendant Indented Chart with the aim of showing your Pedigree focus person as part of that output? Does the disired linkage show up or not?

Robin