Judy C

Lost Custom Layouts in Upgrade 6.12 to 7

Hello,

I purchased the upgrade and installed it on the same computer that v6.12 is on. Once v7 installed, I restored my project from a backup on an external hard disk, which included my customizations.

The install went fine; the restore went fine; however, when I opened my project in v7, none of my custom layouts were there.

I can recreate them, and I've already created my favorite layout; however, I'm wondering what else might be missing and what I should check. (My accent colors are fine, for example.)

Thanks,

Judy Campbell

You can copy your layout (*.lo) files from your main v6.12 folder to the appropriate v7 location in User Program Data Files, located by default in

Windows XP and Windows 2000:

C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\The Master Genealogist v7

Windows Vista:

C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\The Master Genealogist v7

If you are not familiar with the data file storage system in v7, see Help > Data File Storage, or download my explanation with screenshots from vblakelock.com/tmg7.pdf.

Virginia

From memory when I upgraded I couldn't see my custom layouts until after I had exited and reopened TMG

From memory when I upgraded I couldn't see my custom layouts until after I had exited and reopened TMG

Neil,

You're absolutely right! I had not looked again after the initial shock.

Thanks!

Judy