Viper2004

How to setup pagesize in VCF

Thanks for the help!

If it is a general Vista issue how come it is not a problem for everyone? I guess quite many users here are on Vista and I'm confident that it was checked during development and testing. Well, as long as it is fixed in the end I'm happy

regards, pH

Well, I now read some more about this general issue. I am no longer so sure it was tested as it can not work for anyone using Vista if all the complaints about this are true...

I'll be waiting for the fix

regards, pH

Just to clarify a point - I have never tested the Page Setup dialog on Vista as I do not run Vista on any machine as my wide format printer. HP does not provide a Vista driver for my elderly printer!

There is a second confusion. There must be more than one way that the printer page setup dialog has been coded and run on Vista. Some applications seem to have avoided this problem. May be it is in the way they are installed.

Another anecdote - a TMG v7 user trialling Win7 RC1 says that the [Printer] button appears in the VCF Page Setup. May be Microsoft has reverted this change in Win7? We will have to wait and see.

An update...

I just downloaded a Vista PDF creator to see if that might be the problem. (the PDFCreator mentioned in another thread says that it is not Vista compatible). But even with the new PDF creator, I still have the same challenge. I can make the page size change in the print screen properties, but it does not recognize that change. Instead of one large PDF, I have 34 pages. Not acceptable. And I do not have a printer choice in the page set up screen.

sigh. help.

A possible work around for this specific case of VCF generated multi-page breaks: Try to export your large VCF chart to JPG format. This should ignore the VCF page breaks and produce one continuous JPG chart image (hopefully your big chart is within JPG format size limitations).

My test case was a 1 x 8 feet chart. This was performed using XP and VCF 7.04. I don't have Vista or a wide carriage printer to truly complete the test. Some service companies can print out large JPG files.

Glad I paid extra to get XP on my new computer, instead of Vista. Vista is reputed to have many other upward compatibility problems.

Good luck,

Mike Talbot