BarbaraZ

small bug in Restore

I think there is a small bug in the Restore function that I haven't seen mentioned.

I store my exhibits in a non-default place. For the life of me, I can't get any Restore configuration to remember where my location is. It's correct in the project file, I back the file up using my location, not the TMG default, but whether I use an existing configuration, overwrite an existing configuration or start a new configuration, Restore never remembers where the exhibits go and always sets it to the default location.

Am I missing something, or is this an error?

Barbara

You do have the exhibits path set in Preferences for that project?

Preferences > Current Project Options > Advanced > Exhibit folder

When you restore a v7 backup, the path is coming from that path in the PJC file of the project being restored and has nothing to do with the restore configuration used.

You do have the exhibits path set in Preferences for that project?

Preferences > Current Project Options > Advanced > Exhibit folder

When you restore a v7 backup, the path is coming from that path in the PJC file of the project being restored and has nothing to do with the restore configuration used.

Yes, I do have the exhibits path set. It does not respect it.

Barbara

Hummm... I just tested this using a custom exhibits path and it worked perfectly. The exhibits path specified in Preferences was the default exhibits path in restore as it should be.

I've also tested with custom restore configurations and the exhibits path in the project being restored was respected.

So, at this point, I'm stumped.

If you run restore and the exhibits path is wrong, all you need to do is to correct the path by browsing to the correct folder. The checkbox above the path should be unchecked.

If you run restore and the exhibits path is wrong, all you need to do is to correct the path by browsing to the correct folder. The checkbox above the path should be unchecked.

Yes, I know, that's what I've been doing. But I move my projects between two computers several times a week and it's annoying. As I said, a small problem.

Barbara