Northscot

Importing from TMG 6 UK to TMG 7 UK

I have an expired downloaded demo of TMG 6 (UK) on my old PC in Scotland, which I haven't used for about a year. (I hadn't purchased a licence at that time.)

I am now temporarily working in Angola and trying to get the time to get back into my family tree search and decided to get the latest TMG 7 UK which I have now downloaded onto a new PC.

Of course despite me backing up the files from my PC, I cannot simply start TMG 7 UK and open the old file. The TMG7 UK, instructions advise opening TMG 6 and then (if I recall) doing a FILE - Backup(I think?). However, with the expired trial period on the old TMG 6 UK program, the advised option is "greyed out" and I cannot access it.

Now that I have trialled TMG, I am keen to get the licence key, but I want to be sure I can still access my old data.

Can anyone advise the best course of action to get my TMG 6 UK data (from the expired trial version), onto the latest TMG 7 UK version (which is currently trial until I can confirm operation)?

Thanks & regards,

Northscot

Assuming that you don't have a backup of your v6 project... If you could do this...

Go to the project folder and delete all .CDX files. Make a ZIP archive of the remailing files and send the ZIP to me. I'll make a backup and update the project to v7 and send you the v7 backup. I'll also need to know what operating system you are running on.

You can contact me by email by clicking on the link below...

Jim Byram