Sign in to follow this  
stain3565

GenSmarts program

I know this is possibly the wrong forum but I could not find an appropriate forum.

I have downloaded the gensmarts trial program and am trialling it now. This seems to be a little out-of-date regarding the sites (eg 1837Online which was renamed some time ago).

Also, it is very US based e.g. Ancestry.com when I use Ancestry.co.uk - I know that seems minor but it is a better site for me because of the different search options for English BMD info.

If I buy this software, is it the same or is it much more up-to-date and can be tailored to UK sites?

Cheers

Mark

Mark,

Gensmarts has their own Forum at http://www.gensmarts.com/forum/default.asp They also have a rootsweb list at Gensmarts-L@rootsweb.com. If you ask your questions there, Aaron the developer will have much better answers than we can give.

If the database doesn't have a database you need, you can also use the Customized Records Function to put in the parameters of the data you are researching. It's under Tools. I use it far more than I do the records in the main database. That way I can narrow down the research to just my record types.

The latest version is 2.1.1.50. If you have that version, you are using the latest version.

I must say, it has helped me greatly, and is worth the money. If there is a database you want, write Aaron. He may be able to add it for the next version.