freelanm

Adding columns to the Tag Box in 7.02

Just upgraded from 6.12 to 7.02 (not sure why, since I'm sticking with XP). In the Person View, the Tag Box has only four columns: Type, Date, M, S. It should have the Name/Place column, but I can't figure out how to add it. Any ideas?

Are you using a custom layout? If so, did you try the Standard layout to see if the custom layout has been corrupted?

You could also try reinstalling if that doesn't help.

Never mind - I "found" it. I'm getting the feeling that 7.02 graphics don't do very well with XP. For example, font sizes seem to change randomly. I'll keep working with the program to try and find benefits of new features. If I can't find any, I may just go back to 6.12.

Never mind - I "found" it. I'm getting the feeling that 7.02 graphics don't do very well with XP. For example, font sizes seem to change randomly.

I don't quite know what you mean by "graphics" since your example is not a graphic, but in any case I've been using v7 for over a year on XP with no issues related to graphics, fonts, or whatever. So far as I know there is nothing in v7 that has any issue with XP.

I'll keep working with the program to try and find benefits of new features. If I can't find any, I may just go back to 6.12.

I find there is a lot to like, starting with the Reminders, Sentence Preview, and the Associates window. As you probably know, they are all listed on the "new features" page on the WG site, and several of them are explained in more detail in the article on New Features in V7 on my website.

Michael, perhaps you are noticing the difference in the window resizing method in v7. In v5/6, increasing the size of the window increased the size of the fonts; in v7 the text stays the same and there is more space to see data. The new method is the default but there is an option in Preferences > Other to use the new method or the previous v5/6 method. From Help:

"The standard method of window resizing is that text remains the same size and that data entry/display space increases/decreases when a window size is increased/decreased. This is how the windows in most Windows™ applications work. The base font size for lists is set using the Minimum font size setting on the Program Options: Lists screen and the base font size for the Project Explorer is set using the Font size setting on the Program Options: Project Explorer screen.

"When using the TMG 5/6 method of window resizing, the font size increases/decreases in list windows when the window size is increased/decreased. The range of the font size change in these windows is controlled by the Minimum font size and Maximum font size settings on the Program Options: Lists screen."

Virginia