Stanza

Displaying Age on "Details" Window

On my (very old) Version 4 which I have been using until recently, the Details window showed at the RH side the age the person was at every event, so it was possible at a glance to track the life history, eg leaving school at 15, marriage at 20, children at 22, death at 65 etc. It was also useful to have that information readily available when comparing with (eg) a census record that quoted an age for that person at a certain date.

Version 7 (which I have at last upgraded to) doesn't seem to have this facility, or at least not on the default layout. Is it possible to get this information to display at all on the "Details" window, or is this just the price of progress?

On my (very old) Version 4 which I have been using until recently, the Details window showed at the RH side the age the person was at every event, so it was possible at a glance to track the life history, eg leaving school at 15, marriage at 20, children at 22, death at 65 etc. It was also useful to have that information readily available when comparing with (eg) a census record that quoted an age for that person at a certain date.

Version 7 (which I have at last upgraded to) doesn't seem to have this facility, or at least not on the default layout. Is it possible to get this information to display at all on the "Details" window, or is this just the price of progress?

Stanza,

Check out File >Preferences > :rogram options>Tag box.

remember to save the layout so that it stays visible

You can find that option in Preferences > Tag Box > Show Age Column. Adding the age column is a change to your layout, so be sure to save the layout - with a new name if you are using the Standard layout which cannot be modified.

Virginia