Sign in to follow this  
Schnarps

Cannot optimize project - error msg

I am getting the following error message every time I am trying to optimize my project:

Memo file C:\<full path>\[project name]_P.FPT is missing or invalid. 3694 PCHKSUM

I checked the PROJECTS folder (where this file should be), and it is there. So I assume it is invalid. How can I fix this? Checking data integrity does not show any problems with the project. I also re-indexed, no change...

Thank you in advance.

Please update to v7.03 if you haven't done so.

You might also try deleting all of the index files (.CDX) in the program folder. Exit the program first. The program will recreate them when it is next run.

Please update to v7.03 if you haven't done so.

You might also try deleting all of the index files (.CDX) in the program folder. Exit the program first. The program will recreate them when it is next run.

Jim, Thanks for your quick response. Unfortunately there is no change. I am running 7.03, and deleting all .cdx files for the project didn't help. Except that now the number preceding the PCKSUM is different: 3541.

Do you have any other ideas? I've also tried in the meantime restoring from older backups but I am as far back as a month now and am still getting the same error.

Thanks a lot!

Send me a backup of your current project (including just the project files, accents and filters). If it's larger than about 6 Mb, upload the backup to the Wholly Genes server using Help / Message Manager / Outgoing tab and send me the backup file name so that I can retrieve it.

You can send me an email by clicking on the link below...

Jim Byram

Send me a backup of your current project (including just the project files, accents and filters). If it's larger than about 6 Mb, upload the backup to the Wholly Genes server using Help / Message Manager / Outgoing tab and send me the backup file name so that I can retrieve it.

You can send me an email by clicking on the link below...

Jim Byram

Thanks Jim. I just mailed you the backup...

Repaired and returned the project.

Just a "public" thank you as well to you and the programmer who fixed my project. This was a great support experience from beginning to end! Thank you.