Hi. I have just installed v7.03 on my new laptop. I am trying to print out some Pedigree charts. First I previewed them to the screen, and everything looked fine. Then I tried to print to my HP printer. The paternal ancestors & the focus person print out with the connecting lines. The maternal ancestors print the names and stats, but there are no lines to show the connection between generations. All of my software and drivers are up-to-date. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

Hi, Virginia. Yes, the new laptop is running Vista. I don't know if I installed the v7 PDF printer - I just downloaded and installed the trial version and then unlocked it with my code. I didn't change anything about the install defaults. I did not try to save the report as a PDF; I printed directly from the screen. This had always worked in the past, but my old laptop ran XP sp2. (I waited to change to Vista until it seemed "safe" for TMG.) I hope this gives more information.

In the report definition screen, click on the Properties button and see what printer is selected. If it is set to Windows default, try selecting your HP. While in that screen, click on the Install PDF printer button. If the print from screen does not work again, you can try saving it to pdf and see if it prints from there.

Also in the report definition screen, reset the Pedigree report definition to its default settings, using the Delete button under the Configuration name.

Let us know if any of that helps.

Virginia