billroy

"Please wait while Windows configures" when opening TMG

I bought a new computer and installed TMG 6 from a CD (with Vista OS). Now whenever I open it I get a popup that says:

Roxio My DVD DE

Please wait while Windows configures Roxio My DVD DE

It remains until I press the cancel button.

The program seems to work OK after that, but it is an irritating distraction and happens on none of the other programs I have installed on the CD/DVD drive.

I queried about this problem last year and was told to buy TMG 7, which I did. The problem persists in TMG 7.

Bill Roy

Los Angeles, CA

billroy@ucla.edu

I bought a new computer and installed TMG 6 from a CD (with Vista OS). Now whenever I open it I get a popup that says:

Roxio My DVD DE

Please wait while Windows configures Roxio My DVD DE

It remains until I press the cancel button.

The program seems to work OK after that, but it is an irritating distraction and happens on none of the other programs I have installed on the CD/DVD drive.

I queried about this problem last year and was told to buy TMG 7, which I did. The problem persists in TMG 7.

Bill Roy

Los Angeles, CA

billroy@ucla.edu

Bill,

The fact that the window stays open until you press cancel is usually a sign that the software is waiting for a file to be found (usually on a CD/DVD install disk). Quite why TMG triggers this event is a bit baffling.

You have a few options I think:

- When the window pops up, insert the Roxio install CD (if you have it of course), this usually solves the problem as it will find the file it is hunting for. Usually! it won't happen again

- Uninstall the Roxio software using Add/Remove Programs

Neil