coldan

Adding Exhibits to Master Place List

The senario - I have 20 couples all of whom married in the same Acme Church.

In each marriage event all place details are identical, and all use the same place style.

I now have a picture of that church which I want to add as an exhibit to each of the relevant marriage events.

So I added the pic to the acme church in the master place list (of which there was only one - after doing the optimise thing)

I was expecting to then have that exhibit available in each of the marriage tag events, but that is not the case.

Was I wrong in expecting the added exhibit to appear in the event tags or did I do something wrong?

TMG allows you to attach exhibits to places, and you can view those exhibits via the Exhibit Log. When you open the Exhibit Log for an event, TMG shows you exhibits attached directly to that event. To see exhibits attached to places, you access the Exhibit Log via the Master Place List.

As far as I know, TMG does not include place exhibits in any reports.

Second Site includes place exhibits in its output when you use the "Place Index" feature. In a narrative, for example, the first reference to a place will be a link to the given place's index entry. The index entry shows everyone who has at least one event at the place. If that place has a place comment and/or one or more place exhibits, Second Site includes an icon to open a page that displays the place comment and/or exhibits.

Hi John

Report output does not concern me at this stage. In the example I used, as I want the picture of the church to be accessible from each of the relevant marriage events within TMG's Details View, do I have to add the picture to each of the marriage tag Exh link?

I was hoping to be able to simplify the process by simply adding it to the relevent MPL entry.

Colin

In the example I used, as I want the picture of the church to be accessible from each of the relevant marriage events within TMG's Details View, do I have to add the picture to each of the marriage tag Exh link?

John has already answered you. The answer is 'Yes', you do need to add the exhibit link to each event.

You can view all exhibits from any focus by setting the EL filter to all exhibits. But you have to pick out the exhibit from all of the other exhibits.

To have an exhibit viewed when you open an event Exhibit Log, you must link the exhibit to that event Exhibit Log.

Any exhibits linked to a person's events will be seen in that person's Exhibit Log when you open it.

And any exhibit linked to a person's events can be output in narrative reports output to the right filetype (such as Word).