Sign in to follow this  
drla06

Wish List - Blended Individual Detail Report for Multiple People

There is a group of people -- father, mother, four children and the children's spouses -- for whom I needed to make one combined list of their events in chronological order -- sort of timeline of the people's lives. I printed the Individual Detail report for each person separately, pruned the events to only those needed, and then added the person's name to each event and placed the events in chronological order. The blended sequence of events suggested a new reason for the events that occurred -- something that would have been more to pick out without looking at the activities of the entire group.

Because I've incorporated the research log into the person view, all my research notes appear in PV and research notes were the majority of the tags I used in the above report. They are quite lengthy, too long to use the list of events reports, which I would have exported to Excel.

I'd like to request that this functionality be added to the Individual Detail report: selecting a group of people, all of whose events would be listed chronologically in a single group -- NOT as a separate report for each individual. I hope this isn't more difficult than adding a column with the individual's name, but I'm not a programmer.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Linda

There is a group of people -- father, mother, four children and the children's spouses -- for whom I needed to make one combined list of their events in chronological order -- sort of timeline of the people's lives. I printed the Individual Detail report for each person separately, pruned the events to only those needed, and then added the person's name to each event and placed the events in chronological order. The blended sequence of events suggested a new reason for the events that occurred -- something that would have been more to pick out without looking at the activities of the entire group.

Because I've incorporated the research log into the person view, all my research notes appear in PV and research notes were the majority of the tags I used in the above report. They are quite lengthy, too long to use the list of events reports, which I would have exported to Excel.

I'd like to request that this functionality be added to the Individual Detail report: selecting a group of people, all of whose events would be listed chronologically in a single group -- NOT as a separate report for each individual. I hope this isn't more difficult than adding a column with the individual's name, but I'm not a programmer.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Linda

Believe me- it is way more difficult, plus the fact that it would no longer be an Individual Detail Report.

I'd set up a dummy person for each family I wanted such a report on (say "xxxx Family Chronline") and then make that dummy person a witness to each event in each family member's life. You could then run a report on that dummy person and have pretty much what you want.