Sign in to follow this  
Roybean

Backup errors in vista

I'm currently running vista home premier and have v-7 installed. When I try to run a backup I get the following" "Input file read failure this error occurs when a file read opleration is performed on a zip file that is locked or restricted by another person." Please advise

I'm currently running vista home premier and have v-7 installed. When I try to run a backup I get the following" "Input file read failure this error occurs when a file read opleration is performed on a zip file that is locked or restricted by another person." Please advise

This usually happens when trying to backup to an external device. Try backing up to your main Drive and then copying the backup file to the external device.

I was able to back up to a thumb drive but I can't back up to another place on my hard drive, i.e., my documents file. I was previously able to do it on my computer before I changed to a larger harddisk. Any suggestions?

I tried backing up to c:\docments and was successful. In using the auto generate it would not work. The C:\user.... etc. would not work. I don't know if the "user" portion was the problme or not but I now have it saved. Thanks.

Edited by Roybean