Bob3

Journal Ancestor Report - Unable to Include Sibling Spouse B-D-B Data

When selecting Journal Ancestor Report, including Custom, I am unable to include B-D-B information for siblings' spouses. Can this be done?

Also, when using nicknames the journal report prints the nicknames of the direct line individuals as written (first letter cap, other letters lower case), but the nicknames of siblings are printed in all caps. Any suggestions?

Thank you.

As an idea, what I do is to enclose the nicname in apostrophies at the end of the given name. Quote marks seem a little overpowering when printed. The nickname is then obvious and included in all reports.

Example:

Horace William 'Bill' Smith

Best wishes,

Mike Talbot

Metairie, LA

When selecting Journal Ancestor Report, including Custom, I am unable to include B-D-B information for siblings' spouses. Can this be done?

I have wanted to include spouse data in journal reports, not just BMD data but other data as well. This can help create a more complete view of the family and can help keep people with similar names separate when reading your report.

In Descendant reports, it is also useful to include spouse data for every one. For example, if a descendant dies with a young family, that person's spouse may have census tags, etc which describe the family after the descendant's death.

Ultimate Family Tree has an option "include all spouse data". This does create a lot of redundant text for ancestors and their spouses in an ancestor report, but gives a more complete picture of families. It would be nice if TMG provided options to do something similar.

Does any one else care for this feature?

Pierce

I have wanted to include spouse data in journal reports, not just BMD data but other data as well. This can help create a more complete view of the family and can help keep people with similar names separate when reading your report.

In Descendant reports, it is also useful to include spouse data for every one. For example, if a descendant dies with a young family, that person's spouse may have census tags, etc which describe the family after the descendant's death.

Ultimate Family Tree has an option "include all spouse data". This does create a lot of redundant text for ancestors and their spouses in an ancestor report, but gives a more complete picture of families. It would be nice if TMG provided options to do something similar.

Pierce

Did you check "Include spouse events" on the Miscellaneous tab under Format?

Pierce

Thanks, Paul,

I had not noticed that option on the custom reports. I still have a lot of options to try out.

Pierce.

Pierce

You can only include spouse events for Descendant Journals. Ancestor Journals show only the spouse that is also an ancestor. There is no provision for the events of spouses of siblings in the ancestor Journal.

You can only include spouse events for Descendant Journals. Ancestor Journals show only the spouse that is also an ancestor. There is no provision for the events of spouses of siblings in the ancestor Journal.

The next obvious question is: Why can you not include spouse data for siblings of your ancestors in an Ancestor report?

Bob, could this option be added to the wish list?

Superficially it looks like you must already have much of the code written for the Descendant report.

Pierce