Barry Hansen

Identifying ancestors in the detail view

As I add people to a family, it becomes difficult to remember which one was my ancestor. Is there a way to Highlight/identify which one of the children I am decended from when I return to that family in the detail view at a later date. I know how to highlight male vs female, but would like to ID my ancestor.

Terry,

Is there a way to accent the marriage line in the details box? So that when you viewed a person that line with the marriage would stand out and easily be seen.

Theresa

Sorry, you can't accent "tags" (and Marriage is an event tag) you can only accent "people" as described in the references mentioned above. Thus in the Details view the "spouse" in the Marriage tag would show the accent color defined for that person.

No, but boy do I wish we could. It seems like such an easy feature to add. On the master tag type list where we select how we want the tag to display, just have a drop down box for the color of the background and another for the color of the text. Voila, all marriage tags are now blue with white text, all 1850census tags are orange with yellow text. No need for filters. Just a simple change of the display color based on two selection boxes on the Master Tag Type list.

No, but boy do I wish we could. It seems like such an easy feature to add. On the master tag type list where we select how we want the tag to display, just have a drop down box for the color of the background and another for the color of the text. Voila, all marriage tags are now blue with white text, all 1850census tags are orange with yellow text. No need for filters. Just a simple change of the display color based on two selection boxes on the Master Tag Type list.

Ahem... the way some people use tags and color they'd need a video card with 64 GIG of video memory!

*GRIN*

It'd be so worth it just to be able to see easily which people are missing census tags, or who have more than one marriage. We already tell it whether to display the role or not, and that doesn't need a bigger video card. I know you are teasing, but this is one feature I would really like to see added.