I am unable to find any info in vc help that gives instructions on how to add a background to your chart. I see that one of the sample reports of a chart has a background of Ulysses Grant. How to you add a background of a single image that covers the whole chart? I colored my boxes red, white and blue and now I want to add a US flag for a background. Thanks in advance.

Mike Rupprecht

There is a Background tab in the Chart Options. For the flag, you would use the Image (stretched) option. See TMG Help > Chart Options: Background.

However, you will have more control over the background and find it easier when editing the chart to add the background image after you have generated and edited your chart. Insert the image in the finished chart, make it the size of the chart and use rightclick Order > Send to back. If you have done a lot of editing of the chart, it's a good idea to save it without the image before experimenting with the background.

If you have a color printer, you may want to print out one page of the chart on standard paper to see how the background looks - if it is pale enough or if the pixel boxes in the background show.

Virginia