DeeWee

Unable to open project

Hi,

I was in the middle of entering data when suddenly my computer crashed. Now I am no longer able to open my project. I get a message "Alias 'FILE_N' is not found 11513 FIXLAST_EDIT. If I ignore, I start getting other messages like "Variable NPER is not found". Is there any way to get my project working again or do I have to start over again from an (early) copy?

Dirk

Dirk -

You can try deleting the index files (*.CDX) in that project while TMG is closed. There are about 29 of the index files, all beginning with the name of the project, and they will be regenerated when the project opens. When the project opens, run Validate File integrity and Optimize. Repeat both until there are no more errors reported.

If this is unsuccessful in opening the project or if you continue to get error messages, contact tech support by email at support@whollygenes.com.

Virginia

Virginia,

This didn't work. Fortunately, I found a back-up I made on August 29, so I decided to go back to this back-up. It makes me lose a couple of days, but I think this is the best way to proceed. Thanks anyway.

Dirk