Environment:

Pentium 4, 34 megaHz

windows xp home

main memory: 2.5 gigs

spare disk space: 170 gigs

Attempt to upload 880KB JPG file.

Find file with browse

Click upload button

progress blue bar graf moves slowly to about 35%, it then rapidly moves to 100% and is then replace with the word "done".

Meanwhile in the middle of the screen, above the word "Uploading...", a wheel is spinning. The wheel keeps spinning perpetually, until the upload is manually killed.

Other attempts:

Copied the file to the C: root directory. Upload attempt failed same way

Attempt to Upload a 300KB JPG file that was successfully uploaded a little over a week ago, failed in the same manner.

Rebooted, re-attempted all of the above uploads. All failed same way.

Any Ideas? Help!!!

BTW, I like the new RTF editor for text,

Mike Talbot

I don't know what is going on, Mike. Have you tried again since yesterday, in case it was a temporary forum problem?

Virginia

Yes. Tried to upload a previously successfully uploaded attachment (around 300 KB) and a version of the failed one, twice, today. In both cases, the old 300KB one worked and the 875 KB one failed. (I must have made a mistake on uploading the old 300 KB file when it failed last week, since it works, now.)

The approx. 875 KB one continues to fail in the identical manner. I've tried making changes to the new files in VCF and re-exporting them. The failure is consistent. It seems to be a protocol or file size related thing. (AOL has a size limit of 16 megs on e-mail. Not close on that.)

The two new files that fail to upload were inspired by your 8 generation tiny-charts and color posts.

Thank you,

Mike

Mike

Since you're the only person I've seen who has written about the subject, how do you upload images into a message. I've tried today but have had no success.

Vince

Vince - Send me a message (click on my name link in the upper lefthand corner of the post and Send Message) and tell me what you want to include with your message and which forum and maybe I can help.

Virginia

Virginia,

Sorry. My message didn't quite answer your respone. The forum is the TMG7 forum. The questyion I had was:

I'm trying to create a list of cemeteries including addresses only. What I got in my report was the name of one cemetery and addresses for 5 cemeteries. There 18 cemeteries listed in my files. The .jpg files show the initial report window with the name of the list, the filter window with the filter settings, the option window with the primary output settings and a copy of the output.

Thanks

Vince

Mike - You might have hit your storage limit. Check under My Controls / Manage your attachments.

Vince - Your query is off-topic for this topic. Please start a new topic for your 'list of cemeteries' question.

Mike - You might have hit your storage limit. Check under My Controls / Manage your attachments.

<snip>

Thanks, Jim. But that is definitely not the case. I can upload files to the forum of under 300 Kbytes via AOL, directly, with no problem. Using the MS Internet Explorer, I can upload files of almost 500 Kbytes with no problem.

I have never been able to upload a single file larger than about 490 Kbytes to this forum. I have uploaded smaller files totalling way more that 500 Kb since this problem was first detected.

The problem is definitely any single large file and definitely not the sum of files to date. Virginia was able to upload a file of almost a meg under my name. It is my computer or my browsers or a protocol incompatibility.

Best wishes,

Mike Talbot