Peter Tarkkonen

Error during Journal creation in TMG 7.03

One Journal report started to give some haedache.

This is a report which has been working a week ago and nothing has been changed on report itself. Several people has been added.

After running some time (maybe 25% out of 500 people) an error "String is too long to fit, 893 reportobj.membed" shows up. Only way out is to abort report.

After that closing TMG causes an other error ie. "Unknown member roprotectionman". This will show up few times before TMG closes.

Tested with other Journal report. Worked fine.

Pages created with Second Site works fine.

Reindex, Optimize and Validation all go thru fine and do not report any problems.

Restarting PC (Vista) does not help.

Now I am worried if some data used by this one report has been corrupted.

Any ideas?

Peter

This is a report which has been working a week ago and nothing has been changed on report itself. Several people has been added.

After running some time (maybe 25% out of 500 people) an error "String is too long to fit, 893 reportobj.membed" shows up. Only way out is to abort report.

After that closing TMG causes an other error ie. "Unknown member roprotectionman". This will show up few times before TMG closes.

Reindex, Optimize and Validation all go thru fine and do not report any problems.

Any ideas?

Peter

Something that you can try that has worked for me in the past on similar issues is to backup your data in TMG and do a restore. Then Reindex, Optimize and

Validate..

Any ideas?

Peter

Something that you can try that has worked for me in the past on similar issues is to backup your data in TMG and do a restore. Then Reindex, Optimize and

Validate..

OK, problem solved. Issue was not fixable with reindex, optimize etc.

With excellent help from Phil in TMG support we found the reason to be corrupted data in Citation detail field.

How those were created is a bit unknown but most probably by myself when adding formating codes.

Complitely other questions then is should TMG stand this kind of situations without halting or crashing.

Once again thank's to Phil!

Peter