alpalmer

Task Manager Problem

I have not yet used task manager in TMG. Thought I would start exploring it today. When I clicked on the icon for task manager, I got an error code: Line is too long 20 FLHASTASK. I clicked ignore and got the error message: Line is too long 63 FLHASTASK. I clicked ignore and the list of tasks came up. Interspersed in the list of tasks is text relating to one of my ancestors. I recognize it as an obituary but do not find that obituary in the record that it pertains to. I remember entering it a long time ago. It appears in every task list I open, regardless of the person I have on the screen. Any thoughts?

That's quite a conundrum. You have never used the Research Log and you you have a problem with an existing task. :wacko:

If after following Michael's advice, the issue persists...

First, if the task has a link to an obituary (source) that doesn't exist, delete that link on the Research Task screen.

And it the issue still persists...

My suspicion is that the Research Log data table has a bad data table memo.

Please send me the _L.dbf and _L.fpt files from your project folder and I'll check the table and try to fix it.

You can send me an email by clicking the link below...

Jim Byram

I tried Michael's suggestion and the problem still persists. Some additional info that might be helpful. I ran the VFI until there were no errors. Then I ran optimize. I got a difference of 280,064. I ran optimize again and got a difference of 0. I ran VFI again, got no errors. Ran optimize again and got a difference of 280,064. Ran it again and got 0.

I also tried to delete some of the text on the research log task list. I deleted one or two lines and then everything except add and cancel were grayed out. Couldn't delete any others.

I will e-mail the requested files momentarily. Thanks for all of your help.

Al Palmer