bobtomonto

V7 Hang up on start

I havent used TMG in awhile and when I started it up recently I had the issue with the program hanging at 20% while retrieving messages. Was there something I need to do to get this working correctly (other than disabling the message retrieval section in the ini file).

Thanks.

I havent used TMG in awhile and when I started it up recently I had the issue with the program hanging at 20% while retrieving messages. Was there something I need to do to get this working correctly (other than disabling the message retrieval section in the ini file).

Thanks.

Jeff,  I'm still having this problem in 7.04 as well.  The workaround (NOT a fix) was to disable the network interface, so the message manager would fail going out to the internet to get its messages.  It saw no network, then proceeded on with other startup stuff.

Hello everyone.

Thanks to everyone who brought this problem to our attention and especially to those who worked with Phil in tech support to help us diagnose it. I think that you'll find that it is fixed.

Every user of an unlocked copy of TMG Gold Edition (v6.09 or later) who accesses the Message Manager should now get a coupon for the "Give a Gift of TMG for HALF OFF" offer. If you don't see it, click on "Display previous messages."

Users who have never received them before should also receive a coupon for "50% off your first wall chart" and one for "20% off your next purchase of data CDs!" Those coupons are offered once to each user of TMG Gold (again, v6.09 or later) after unlocking the program and they have an expiration date. The problem with the Message Manager caused those coupons to stop being issued too. Note that if you do not receive these additional coupons today, then it is because you already received them. (If you don't see them under previous messages, then it is because they expired.)

Thanks again to all those who helped us get to the bottom of this problem.

This is not fixed in 7.04.  Running WinXP SP2, downloaded TMG 7.04, and unlocked with a key from the email.  Had to disable my computer's network to make TMG go past the "Querying Messages ... 20%" hang to even get it to run.