Brad Miller

Custom toolbar buttons

I am running TMG 7.0.3 and have noticed two issues with the custom toolbar buttons.

1. The button "Run a book manager of a specific name" is missing the dropdown box in which to select the book manager, therefore rendering this button useless.

2. The menu selection View - Layouts which brings up the Layout Manager does not seem to be available to the custom toolbars.

Thanks,

Brad

Brad,

I don't understand #2. When I click on View-Layouts I see a long list of my custom toolbars. Have you renamed your toolbar?

Hi. No it's the other way around. I'm trying to add a button to a custom toolbar for the Layout Manager. The Layout Manager can also be selected from View-Layouts-Manage Layouts. There is a button for it present on the built-in Layouts toolbar, but I would like to add this button to my custom toolbar.

Thanks,

Brad

1. The button "Run a book manager of a specific name" is missing the dropdown box in which to select the book manager, therefore rendering this button useless.

Good catch. The button that you want to add is 'Generate a book of a specific name' and the list box is available to select the Book Manager configuration that you want.

I'll report the non-functional option and the fact that there are two button choices when there should be one.

2. The menu selection View - Layouts which brings up the Layout Manager does not seem to be available to the custom toolbars.

That's correct. Right-click on the background of any toolbar and select 'Customize'. That will open the Custom Toolbar Manager and you can select a custom toolbar from the list box.

I am running TMG 7.0.3 and have noticed two issues with the custom toolbar buttons.

Thanks,

Brad

G'day Brad

My posting on Layouts asks the same thing: for the dropdown box to be available, on its own, from the customise Toolbars option.

Bruce

Good catch. The button that you want to add is 'Generate a book of a specific name' and the list box is available to select the Book Manager configuration that you want.

I'll report the non-functional option and the fact that there are two button choices when there should be one.

That's correct. Right-click on the background of any toolbar and select 'Customize'. That will open the Custom Toolbar Manager and you can select a custom toolbar from the list box.

Hi Moderators

I think Brad is asking for the same thing I requested in my post: that the dropdown layout save/load box be available as a separate item in the CUSTOMISE TOOLBARS option. At present, only the full Layouts Toolbar can be loaded. Those of us without huge screen don't want the extra icons all the time! It appears that almost every other TMG icon can be individually added to a Custom Toolbar, but not this one. I'm sure it was in V5 or v6??

Bruce

It appears that almost every other TMG icon can be individually added to a Custom Toolbar, but not this one. I'm sure it was in V5 or v6??

Items that can't be added as a button can't be added to the custom toolbar and have never been available. This includes the layout list box and the bookmark list box.