Brad Miller

Incorrect witness name when using non-primary name

I have discovered what I think is a bug. I'm running TMG 7.0.3. Here is the sequence of events:

In the Tag Entry screen I click on the + button to open the Add Witness screen.

Then I click on the binoculars button to open the Expanded Picklist.

The person's name as a witness is listed as her married name so I select the married name (non-primary) in the picklist.

Upon returning to the Add Witness screen I see the married name in both the name selection dropdown and in the sentence preview.

Upon returning to the Tag Entry screen, however, the witness is added with her primary name rather than the one I had selected.

This would not seem to me to be the desired behavior. There are multiple ways around the problem but it would certainly be nice if the correct name was returned to the Witnesses.

Thanks,

Brad

Brad,

I totally agree. The PV and the Associates windows don't use the name at the time of the event, but the primary name. Have requested that they show the name as used in the event, but it hasn't been implemented.

I have discovered what I think is a bug. I'm running TMG 7.0.3. Here is the sequence of events:

In the Tag Entry screen I click on the + button to open the Add Witness screen.

Then I click on the binoculars button to open the Expanded Picklist.

The person's name as a witness is listed as her married name so I select the married name (non-primary) in the picklist.

Upon returning to the Add Witness screen I see the married name in both the name selection dropdown and in the sentence preview.

Upon returning to the Tag Entry screen, however, the witness is added with her primary name rather than the one I had selected.

Yes. That's a known bug that should be fixed in v7.04. This happens when you select a non-primary name from the Picklist and then save the Add/Edit Witness screen.

Just open the Edit Witness screen and reselect the name that you want from the list box on the upper right and save and it'll stick.