sydelfs

Reference value discrepancy

I just started working on my project again. I just upgraded to v7.03 from 7.0 a couple of days ago. I am experiencing some problems & I'm wondering if this is a common occurrence or not. I couldn't find anything in the archives about a similar problem. Can I go back to v7.0? Reinstall?

There is a discrepancy between the person view reference value and the value that shows when the "other info box" is opened.

So, for instance, Person Id # 114 has no entry in the reference column. When the "other info box" (that is used to edit references) is opened, there is a value that goes with a different ID number.

What is going on with this? Do I need to reinstall? If so how?

Thanks,

Sydney

You are not being clear. The Reference field is the field that you see in the other Info Box.

What is the 'person view reference value'? What is the 'reference column'?

btw...

Is this a known issue? No. (without fully understanding the issue yet)

We need to discuss what's going on to get a clear picture first. It might be necessary to do an analysis of your project but we're not to that yet.

Whenever you need to reinstall (if that is one possible solution), you should download the current full installer and use that (currently v7.03).

You are not being clear. The Reference field is the field that you see in the other Info Box.

What is the 'person view reference value'? What is the 'reference column'?

btw...

Is this a known issue? No. (without fully understanding the issue yet)

We need to discuss what's going on to get a clear picture first. It might be necessary to do an analysis of your project but we're not to that yet.

Whenever you need to reinstall (if that is one possible solution), you should download the current full installer and use that (currently v7.03).

Correct. Sorry that I was unclear. I have some screen shots done in Excell to help you understand my muddle- I don't know how to attach it. What is the best way to get it to you?

Sydney

I am using XP prof. I tried to restore a backup, but found the same problem. It's been awhile since I last used the program so I can't be 100% sure that the problem just started with the upgrade but I didn't see it until then. When I restored it included everything. I think I have old back ups of the cdx & ini files if I need them.

Any attempts to make corrections have failed. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Sydney`

Correct. Sorry that I was unclear. I have some screen shots done in Excell to help you understand my muddle- I don't know how to attach it. What is the best way to get it to you?

Thanks. You can send me an email by clicking on the link below...

Jim Byram

More...

Bug fixed. Project cleaned up.

Edited by Jim Byram