ctyank

Installation

I have recently moved from TMG 5.11 to TMG version 7.3 (and downloading updates) after purchasing the TMG 7 by disk. When I have tried to install a back up (.sqz file) from version 5.11 (which I have made as a back up and then tried to restore) I get two error messages and then it says the restore has failed.

The # 1 error reads : DynaZip UnZip Error: No files to test, extract, etc (No items match file spec)

Number #2 error: Errors occurred during restoring. Input file read failure- This occurs when read operation is performed on a zip file or restricted by another process.

Must I do something else since I never upgraded to version 6 of TMG? It is frustrating for sure!

Advice appreciated.

If you are restoring directly from an external medium - like a cd or thumb drive, copy the .sqz backup file to your hard drive and restore from there.

Let us know if that solves the problem -

Virginia

Thanks. I had a response from the TMG support team and you are spot on. Once I copied the info as a .sqz file to my hard disk it worked a treat! Thanks for the help. I am sure I will be looking for more info on TMG now that I get back to working with TMG 7.3

Thanks

Karen

Karen, there is an article on my website that may get you started in using the new features - New Features in Version 7. I don't have one about version 6, but the page on the WG site does that quite well. It's not easy to find anymore, but still there - Version 6 New features. I assume you have found the current one - Version 7 New features.