Yoneit

Can't update TMG v7

My computer crashed and I had to buy a new one, which has Windows Vista Home Premium. Earlier this year I bought and downloaded TMG v7, since I had an older version of TMG and couldn't locate the disk after a previous crash... Anyway, I located the instructions for downloading and my serial number and downloaded it again and unlocked TMG on my new computer. Then I hit the check for update button and I keep getting this message:

"No application in c:\program files (x86)\the master genealogist v7 is associated with the update engine so it cannot check for updates. Please make sure that this software is installed properly."

Sigh. Since I downloaded it, do I need to uninstall and reinstall? I don't even know if that would fix the problem! Should I try to buy the program again with CD? I don't want to spend money I already spent...

Help!

See this earlier thread for a discussion of this problem:

http://www.whollygenes.com/forums201/index...ost&p=38140

If you are using v7.03, that is the latest version so there is no update.

Note if you are using 64-bit Vista you will not be able to send reports to a word processor since the current report writer uses 16-bit code. There is a fix for that in development.

Virginia

Okay, I am using 7.03 so I guess I am okay.

I'm rather alarmed that I might not be able to generate a report. I'll go test that right now. I got a WordPort Spawn error. I guess that is what you were talking about. How do I generate a report I can share??

I went to the link you provided and did the run as administrator thing and now TMG will check for updates. I'm current so I'm okay. Thanks. But I do want to know how to generate reports to share with family and friends since I can't use my WordPerfect program.

You can output the reports to PDF.

You need to permanently install the PDF printer driver.

File / Printer Setup... / click [install PDF printer]

When you want to output a report to PDF, from the Report Definition Screen, you select the 'Save to' file type as 'Acrobat (PDF)'.

After setting up the report, you click [Create Report] to output the report to PDF.