karthur

Flags and reports from imported V4.0d

Flags:

I have imported my 4.0d dataset into V7.0. At first glance everything seems to be there. I have created a special flag to flag veterans. In V4.0 I had set an accent to show the persons name in red if they are a civil war vet. The accent shows up in V7.0 after I turned on the accenting (great!)

V4.0 would show the persons name in red in the picklist also. How do I get V7.0 to show the name in the picklist in red (or any other color) if the custom Veterans flag is set?

Reports:

I have several custom report templates that I have created in 4.0. Is there a way to import these templates or do I have to re-create them?

Flags:

I have imported my 4.0d dataset into V7.0. At first glance everything seems to be there. I have created a special flag to flag veterans. In V4.0 I had set an accent to show the persons name in red if they are a civil war vet. The accent shows up in V7.0 after I turned on the accenting (great!)

V4.0 would show the persons name in red in the picklist also. How do I get V7.0 to show the name in the picklist in red (or any other color) if the custom Veterans flag is set?

Change to the Expanded Picklist.

File / Preferences / Program Options / Lists tab / select Expanded picklist

The Expanded Picklist has two variants and many options.

The Simple picklist is designed for speed and does not display accents.

Reports:

I have several custom report templates that I have created in 4.0. Is there a way to import these templates or do I have to re-create them?

Reports are outside of Project / Data set data and must be recreated.

The TMG 5/6/7 report writer is completely different; however, most of what you could do in TMG4 can be done in TMG7. Some things differ such as the FGS.

You might run both programs and use your TMG4 report options as a guide while creating each TMG7 report configuration.

Pay attention to how you save custom report configurations in TMG7. That differs from TMG4.

I have imported my 4.0d dataset into V7.0. At first glance everything seems to be there.
Congratulations. This will be a big step for you but well worth it. I remember that going from V4 to V5 was a major change, and V7 has a lot of new and valuable features. As you encounter issues, ask away, as one of us users will be happy to try to help.

Flags:

I have created a special flag to flag veterans. In V4.0 I had set an accent to show the persons name in red if they are a civil war vet. The accent shows up in V7.0 after I turned on the accenting (great!)

First, see the Help file under Accents for details of setting both the text and the background to whatever colors you want. Next, Accent colors don't show in the Simple Picklist so I assume you have that setting, which is default. I would guess that the programmers did not show them on this list because that list is [ahem] simple?? :rolleyes: The Expanded picklist does use the Accent colors. You can turn that on in Preferences > Program Options > Lists.

Reports:

Hmmm... my copies of the official change logs only go back to 5.01, so I can't look to see if that was an issue from V4 to V5. I seem to recall you may have to recreate them, but I just don't remember. :unsure: However, there are a lot of new and useful features for reports, so you may wish to explore the Help file on Reports, especially Options, and create new templates using these new features.