I'm sure in an earlier version of TMG, the Layout "box", where the name of the current Layout, accompanied by a disk icon to save the layout, was part of the default Toolbar.

The current Layout Toolbar includes that portion, but has added other options. As such, the Layout Toolbar now has items not always required. And, there is no way to add the actual "filename box and disk" to a Custom Toolbar on its own. Surely this is an error, as every other possible icon and option (?) can be added to Custom Toolbars!!

Can we please have this "filename box and disk" for Layouts, on its own, added to the items available for insertion into Custom Toolbars?

Bruce Fairhall

Bruce,

I have no clue what you are asking. ;)

Where are you when you say Layout "box"?

And what do you mean by Layout Toolbar? I am not sure what you are asking, so I can help or even be sure what you want is missing. Maybe tech support understands, but as a user, I can't find the window you are in.

WHat does it say at the top of the window in which you are trying to work?

Bruce -

In v6 as in v7, the Layout Toolbar includes icons for the Windows used in a layout. Having a truncated toolbar with just the dropdown field and the Save icon (disc) would work for accessing existing layouts or for rearranging windows and saving as a new layout, but you'd have to go to the Windows menu to add new windows to the layout.

Are you mostly interested in being able to see a list of layouts and/or the name of the active layout? As you know, you can add a button to the custom toolbar to access the Layout Toolbar, and you can also add buttons for specific layouts. The other alternatives are the keyboard shortcuts Alt-v-a to get a list of layouts (with the active layout checked), or Alt-v-a-m to manage your layouts.

Virginia

Bruce,

I have no clue what you are asking. ;)

Where are you when you say Layout "box"?

And what do you mean by Layout Toolbar? I am not sure what you are asking, so I can help or even be sure what you want is missing. Maybe tech support understands, but as a user, I can't find the window you are in.

WHat does it say at the top of the window in which you are trying to work?

Teresa

In TMG, if you go to VIEW -> TOOLBARS you will see a list of Toolbars you can add to your screen. Most can be moved and "parked" at the sides or top pr bottom of your screen. If you click LAYOUTS from that list you will see a "window" (box) with the place to load/save your screen layout, and some icons that will give you the windows for Flags, Children Siblings and more.

What I would like is to just have the Save/Load Layouts "box" from that Toolbar available as a single icon I can place on my screen, without all the other options in it, to save space.

Hope you can now find what I'm exploring.

Bruce

Bruce -

In v6 as in v7, the Layout Toolbar includes icons for the Windows used in a layout. Having a truncated toolbar with just the dropdown field and the Save icon (disc) would work for accessing existing layouts or for rearranging windows and saving as a new layout, but you'd have to go to the Windows menu to add new windows to the layout.

Are you mostly interested in being able to see a list of layouts and/or the name of the active layout? As you know, you can add a button to the custom toolbar to access the Layout Toolbar, and you can also add buttons for specific layouts. The other alternatives are the keyboard shortcuts Alt-v-a to get a list of layouts (with the active layout checked), or Alt-v-a-m to manage your layouts.

Virginia

G'day Virginia

Yes, I have used the Toolbar for Layouts, but it has what, to me, are extraneous bits: all the icons for the various parts I can add to my layout: Flags, Children, Siblings etc. What I want is just the Save/Load "box" from that toolbar as a separate item.

If you go to VIEW -> TOOLBARS -> CUSTOMISE you see a whole list of items you can add to your own Custom Toolbars, one by one. What I want in that list is the Save/Load "box" from the Layouts Toolbar, on its own. I think every other toolbar icon is available to add, on its own, to my custom toolbar, but not that one. I would like to be able to use it on my screen. If I want the other options (the full Layout Toolbar) then I will load that Toolbar intact.

Yes, I can add buttons for specific layouts, but as I have quite a few, I'd rather just have the "drop down" to do a quick change, without having all the screen space taken up by the full Layouts Toolbar.

Hope this answers your questions.

Bruce