Gail M

TMG Version 7.02

I want to find out if I have the UK Version of TMG or the US Version. I have looked at Help in my TMG and "About the Master Genealogist" but I cannot see which one I have. I think I might have the US version which doesn't have the UK Census' listed in the Tag Screen. How can I change it over to the UK Version? Do I have to re purchase the software to get this? I am on Version 7.02. Also could someone give me some sentence structures for the census' please?

GailB

The Help / About screen tells which is installed. If it doesn't say 'UK', it's a US installation.

There is only one TMG program. After you install using the UK installer and run the program the first time, some UK customizations are added.

This is probably the easiest way to switch.

1) Uninstall the current installation. The current data file folders will remain in place.

2) Delete the remnant program folder if it exists.

3) Delete the shared program data folder. Either...

Windows Vista

C:\ProgramData\The Master Genealogist v7

or

Windows XP and Windows 2000

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\The Master Genealogist v7

4) Download the current UK edition installer.

http://www.whollygenes.com/files/tmg7uksetup.exe

5) Install to the same program folder as the original installation used. (I'm assuming that you used the default path.)

6) On the first run, unlock the installation with the same registration information that you used for the US installation.

7) When you run the program the first time, the shared program data file folder will be recreated and the UK customizations applied.

Any new projects created will have UK features.

I want to find out if I have the UK Version of TMG or the US Version. I have looked at Help in my TMG and "About the Master Genealogist" but I cannot see which one I have. I think I might have the US version which doesn't have the UK Census' listed in the Tag Screen. How can I change it over to the UK Version? Do I have to re purchase the software to get this? I am on Version 7.02. Also could someone give me some sentence structures for the census' please?

GailB

:rolleyes: Thank you for the information, will get on to it immediately, your help is appreciated.