pktropics

Backup Problem

I recently started a new project with about 800 people now entered. When I backup, at Step 3 the External Exhibits and Accents boxes are ticked, but greyed out. This means that every time I backup, the exhibits also back-up, which makes the process very slow (I usually don't include external exhibits in TMG backups). But there seems no way to "un-grey" and activate the boxes so that I can un-tick them. I run a number of other projects, none of which have this problem, and as far as I can see the preferences I'm using for the new project are exactly the same as for the others. Any ideas about what's going on?

pktropics

You are describing what you see when a project has no exhibits or accents.

Are you using a custom backup configuration that has the exhibits option selected?

I'd delete the backup configuration files in the Configuration_files folder and start from the beginning.

You are describing what you see when a project has no exhibits or accents.

Are you using a custom backup configuration that has the exhibits option selected?

I'd delete the backup configuration files in the Configuration_files folder and start from the beginning.

Thanks Jim, your usual acuity lead me to a solution, but one which suggests there may be a deeper issue with exhibits. The exhibits I had were attached to sources only, not to people or event tags. Deleting the configuration files did not change things. I also noticed that file validation did not flash up the usual "search for missing external exhibits" window. It seems for some reason the program was not recognising there were external exhibits.

However, once I attached an exhibit to a person, the problem went away. File validation now flashes the external exhibit search window and backup is back to normal.

Peter

Peter,

Thanks. I'll follow up on that.

Jim

%%%%%%%%%%

I couldn't replicate the issue with a simple test.

Project / one data set / one person / one event / one citation / one source with exhibit attached.

Backed up. The external exhibits option on Step 3 was functional and, when unchecked, the source exhibit was not backed up.

Does the test project need to be structured differently?