retired97

Editing Tag sentences

I have been generating many custom tags and have made changes the sentence structure of some standard tags to go along with my research. Yesterday, all of a sudden, the program, TMG 7, will not allow me access to the role sentence structure box to change the language of the role. If I attempt to edit a tag type definition and try to access the role sentence of a standard role, a message pops up saying "----is a default tag and cannot be renamed" or in the case of a custom role, the renaming box pops up, but in either case, I cannot access the role sentence to change it.

Am I missing a setting or is there a bug? Have reinstalled the program with the same results.

Sounds like somehow you have gotten into "Beginner" mode, which doesn't allow editing of Sentences. To fix it, go to Preferences, and under Program Options > Data Entry, change the Data Entry Mode to "Advanced."

Sounds like somehow you have gotten into "Beginner" mode, which doesn't allow editing of Sentences. To fix it, go to Preferences, and under Program Options > Data Entry, change the Data Entry Mode to "Advanced."

Thanks for getting back to me so promptly. Checked preferences and I have been in advanced data entry mode all along.

Could you explain exactly what state you are in and what actions you take when you try to edit a tag and what you see when you do. Try as I might I cannot come up with a way to reproduce your symptoms. Are you in the Master Tag Type List and try to Edit a tag? When you go to the Roles and Sentences tab are the New/Edit/Delete buttons below the list of roles all greyed out? What else do you see that is unexpected that could give some clues? Have you done anything significant to either your computer, operating system, or TMG lately?