bradhallsr

Errors at startup & when editing exhibits

I'm having a problem at start up of TMG 7.03.0000 it seems that Raxio starts to launch and I have to hit cancel twice to stop it, then TMG finishes starting.

Also, Raxio tries to start up again any time i'm entering exhibit properties button, I have to cancel it twice again before I can get to the properties of each exhibit I'm trying to edit.

Does anyone know if I should try to re-install TMG to repair this error? And if so, will I be re-directed back to all the updates that has been installed since my orignal install?

Any help is welcome with this problem.

... Raxio starts to launch ... Also, Raxio tries to start up again any time i'm entering exhibit properties button ... should I try to re-install TMG to repair this error? And if so, will I be re-directed back to all the updates that has been installed since my original install?
Brad,

I am not familiar with Raxio but have heard of Roxio. It sounds like this R program has associated itself with some filetype that TMG uses. I am guessing that re-installing TMG might not fix this as the problem is probably with the R program and not TMG. I would suggest opening "My Computer" and then under the Tools menu choosing "Folder Options". Click on the "File Types" tab and it will give you a list of all the filetypes that Windows recognizes as associated with some program. Use your Down Arrow key to advance through the list. Record all the filetypes that are associated with the R program. (The R program name should show in the Details box describing that filetype if it is associated.) Let us know what filetypes Windows has linked with the R program and one of us will let you know which one(s) needs to be changed to be associated with TMG instead.

This is a guess, and one of the TMG gurus may have a better idea, but this information may identify the problem.

As for reinstalling, you can always download the latest version from the Wholly Genes website and apply your purchase code to that. There is no need to install an older version and reapply updates.

Is this the Roxio cd creator? Are there any settings within Roxio that you can disable so it won't start up automatically - like 'drag to disc' or 'check for updates'? You might check on the Roxio forum to see if this is a general problem.

Virginia