Neil Grantham

Family Group Sheet options

I wondered if anyone has successfully customised the Family Group Sheet.

I rather like the format as something I can give relatives to fill in vital informaiton I am missing from their branch of the tree, like birth dates/places etc.

What I'd like, is this report, to include all descendants of the subject, rather than just the immediate family.

Possible or not?

TIA

Neil

I rather like the format as something I can give relatives to fill in vital informaiton I am missing from their branch of the tree, like birth dates/places etc.

What I'd like, is this report, to include all descendants of the subject, rather than just the immediate family.

Possible or not?

TIA

Neil

It takes a little work. You must output all needed reports to TMG supported word processor files.

1. Run the standard TMG FGS report.

2. Run a TMG Descendent Indented Chart for each child.

3. Copy each child's descendants from step 2 into your step 1 FGS file at the appropriate spot.

4. You can hand edit the resulting composite FGS to your taste, if desired.

Done.

Best wishes,

Mike Talbot

Possible or not?

TIA

Neil

It takes a little work. You must output all needed reports to TMG supported word processor files.

1. Run the standard TMG FGS report.

2. Run a TMG Descendent Indented Chart for each child.

3. Copy each child's descendants from step 2 into your step 1 FGS file at the appropriate spot.

4. You can hand edit the resulting composite FGS to your taste, if desired.

Done.

Best wishes,

Mike Talbot

That sounds good for one off reports like I detailed. Will give that a try later

Thanks

Neil

Form a focus group composed of the heads of each family that you wish to include in the report.

Then from the FGS report select the current focus group in lieu of the current focus person.

Select output to a word processer, include indexes of surnames and given names.

Form a focus group composed of the heads of each family that you wish to include in the report.

Then from the FGS report select the current focus group in lieu of the current focus person.

Select output to a word processer, include indexes of surnames and given names.

Thanks Patrick, that's an almost acceptable solution, except that adding the people to the Focus Group doesn't order them correctly, as you can only sort on Surname, Given name or ID.

For whatever reason that I can't recall, the Father of this branch has a higher ID than his children (I think I found I had the wrong 'William'), and one of the sons has only just materialised. So, when you create the report, it ouputs in the ID order, so 'Dad' is right down near the bottom!

Getting there though!

Edited by Neil Grantham

Neil,

The Sort order of the Focus Group does not control the order in the reports. That's controlled on the Sort tab of Report Options, where you have several more choices.

Neil,

The Sort order of the Focus Group does not control the order in the reports. That's controlled on the Sort tab of Report Options, where you have several more choices.

Aha, indeed it does. Silly me for not spotting that.

It now does exactly what I wanted.

Thanks to all who contributed.