percy porter

Error Message "Unknown member COLUMN4"

I get the above message when trying to add under the <Add person> link.

The message on this error goes on to read "10FRMADDPERSON.GRDPERSONLIST1.RESIZE" It gives me three options <ABORT> <RETRY> or <IGNORE>

By going to <ABORT> I get straight to the ADD PERSON screen, however a slightly different screen layout to one that I have used prior to this error message croping up.

By going to <RETRY> Nothing happens, the link just doesn't work.

By going to <IGNORE>, the first time time the message changes to "12FRMADDPERSON.GRDPERSONLIST1.RESIZE a further click changes the message again to "13FRMADDPERSON.GRDPERSONLIST1.RESIZE" and on the next click I get into the <ADD PERSON> screen and all appears normal.

I thought initially that I had made some sort of accidental adjustment to this particular "Project" however I have just opened a new project am getting the same error message.

Any help would be appreciated

Regards

Alan NZ

This is a known problem and should be fixed in v7.04. In the meantime, if you are in Beginner data entry mode, change to Advanced data entry mode:

File / Preferences / Program Options / Data Entry / select Advanced data entry mode

If that does not work, try changing to v5/6 sizing:

File / Preferences / Program Options / Other / select Use the TMG 5/6 method of window resizing.

Virginia

This is a known problem and should be fixed in v7.04. In the meantime, if you are in Beginner data entry mode, change to Advanced data entry mode:

File / Preferences / Program Options / Data Entry / select Advanced data entry mode

If that does not work, try changing to v5/6 sizing:

File / Preferences / Program Options / Other / select Use the TMG 5/6 method of window resizing.

Virginia

Thanks for that Virginia, it seems to have solved the problem but now of course there are all those "whistles and bells" on the advanced screen which I have no idea what they are for or mean.

Regards

Alan (hot) NZ :unsure:

You may be able to get a permanent fix and go back to Beginner mode by resetting the Add Person template while you are in Advanced mode. When you add a person, note on the lower left side of the Add Person window is a button [setup]. Click on that and then click on [Reset template] button, also on the lower left side. Click [OK]. Sometimes that will fix it.

Also try the version 5/6 sizing I suggested. I don't think you will notice the difference in the windows.

Virginia

Thanks for that Virginia, it seems to have solved the problem but now of course there are all those "whistles and bells" on the advanced screen which I have no idea what they are for or mean.

Try using help.