Vince41

ExhibitReport

Recently, after the backup function was finished, a message came on the screen that said the backup was sucessful and an error was found, 12 external exhibits could not be found. I've got about 1000 entries to check. Is there any way to create a report that could tell me which exhibits are missing or do I have to go thru the entire database. Is this a wishlist item?

I ran the validity check. It told me the same thing but didn't tell me where.

Recently, after the backup function was finished, a message came on the screen that said the backup was sucessful and an error was found, 12 external exhibits could not be found. I've got about 1000 entries to check. Is there any way to create a report that could tell me which exhibits are missing or do I have to go thru the entire database. Is this a wishlist item?

I ran the validity check. It told me the same thing but didn't tell me where.

Vince,

how to find missing exhibits is described in Help > Missing Exhibits

The Exhibit Log (Tools > Exhibit Log) can be to used to find them.

From help: "Any external image exhibit with an invalid link to the external image file will display a frowny face icon rather than displaying the normal thumbnail image."

OR

You check the "LastVFI.log" located in the project folder of the current project. This log-file also lists any missing exhibits.

Look in the Logs folder (in your TMG user data files folder).

The external exhibits are documented in the List of external exhibits.log.

The backup will be documented in the Last backup.log.

Between the two, you should be able to see which files are missing.

Look in the Logs folder (in your TMG user data files folder).

The external exhibits are documented in the List of external exhibits.log.

The backup will be documented in the Last backup.log.

Between the two, you should be able to see which files are missing.

To all who answered,

Thanks for the help.

Printing the LastVFI.log gave me a of all the jpg,s that were missing and from what folder, I went to look in those filders and found them empty. All the pictures were in a different folder. I linked the people to their photo's and reran the validation.

One of the photos, which is linked to a person, still comes up as not found but the photo was there.

It Still comes up missing.

Any ideas?

Also, a linked citation came up missing. I generally make it a rule not to cite an event unless I have paper in my hand. In this case, it was a WWII enlistment record. I did a list of Citations where the Source was [?]. I ID'd the source number and ran the list. I got 4 hits. All but 1 had the citation shown. That one had nothing, no frown face, just a blank area where the citation exhibit would be.

Is that normal?

Vince