Neil Grantham

Cannot update to 7.04

Hi

I have a PC at work with TMG 7.03 on it. When I try to update to 7.04 with either the Help menu, Program>Check for update option or the full file download, I get an error that says

Application Not Accessible to neilg

The Copy of <etc etc> was installed by "Neilg" and was not made accessible to all users at that time, you must be logged in as neilg in order to apply this upgrade.

Well I am logged in as neilg, the Registry Key AppPaths for TMG 7 says The Master Genealogist v7||neilg

Can this be altered so that TMG is available to all users and allow me to install the upgrade. The PC is on a Domain and occassionally I've seen this where you login as <name>, but it thinks you are 'Administrator' etc.

I'd rather not uninstall it all, but it may be a last resort.

Since the issue is running the installer called by 'Check for an Update', bypass that step.

Download the update installer from the Upgrade Center.

http://www.whollygenes.com/Merchant2/merch...Screen=UPGRADES

Then run it to update the installation.

If necessary, run the installer as administrator.

%%%%%%%%%%

The same advice would apply to running the full installer. Running the installer as administrator, installing the program as a single user or administrator installation, and running the program as a single user or administrator are all different issues.

In this case, running the installer as administrator would likely accomplish the update. You should still be able to use the single user installation and to run the program as that user.

Jim

Thanks for the information. I did state I'd tried the full install file already!

I've tried as various users.

I have seen before when you add a PC to a Domain under Windows 2003 Small Business where you apparently login as yourself (in my case neilg) but when you look in Docs and Settings, there's no neilg directory, but I am 'Administrator'

In frustration, I uninstalled it and re-installed with the 'All Users' options (even though I don't want other users of the PC to 'fiddle' with it - I moved the Desktop Icon from 'All Users' to my desktop)

Shame I couldn't 'hack' the Registry to allow an update .exe to work.