kaye

Version 4 Gold- descendency charts

I have just seen an old discussion where V4D (I have Gold) is known to be not compatible with XP but member still using it. So this answers my question somewhat. I have just started using it after a 5 yr break although printed of occasional chart and added deaths. So havent used it long enough to find any other instabilities. I dont want to upgrade unless I have to as only use basic features and have nearly completed research.

When I print the descendants chart it gathers info and then gives a message "cannot find CTL3D. DLL " I have done a repair and nothing wrong.

What is the best solution for me please? I believe this first post will be seen by a moderator so hope I can get assistance.

If I reinstall the old programme will it help? If I update I am going to need advice and assistance as I backed up in D drive (I didn't have much space in memory but stacks now). In my old file, I see where a member wrote about probems with this practice. I also made a pigs breakfast out of my file names and wonder if I would just start again with new file name when reinstalling or upgrading.

Llearning new package is not what I need at the moment. On the other hand I will have to use it in conjunction with a printing company so it needs to be stable in 6 months time.

Your assistance will be appreciated. I have had no luck contacting Wholley genes.

When I print the descendants chart it gathers info and then gives a message "cannot find CTL3D. DLL " I have done a repair and nothing wrong.

email support@whollygenes.com and request a copy of ctl3d.dll with instructions. This file was part of the operating system before XP.

Thank you Barbara. What a simple solution. I managed to get through to support and hopefully they will send it. If not I will request it.

Very pleased. Thanks again

regards

Thanks Barbara

Support also sent me the file today before I tried to downoad. But they still didn't answer my question about 4D (if it is earlier or later as Gold isnt listed) and feasibility of upgrading to the lowest I can, if I need to ie 5 or 6 without going to 7 which someone said was a different programme altogether and I am using only basic data base features. Also I would have to buy 7 which is expensive to me, plus learning how to use it I can't deal with at this time. Someone, who is like me and likes 4, didn't like it.

Since you are in the know perhaps you can provide me with this information please? I have 8,000 people in data base and growing to approx 100 I think. Then I am finnished with the programme. But I do need to export it to a printer (as in occupation) - how, I dont know

Thank you so much for your time. I can get back to support on this as it isn't urgent if this file works. Just tell me I understand.

king regards