agthorn

Gender flip of a family? how best to accomodate

I have a family line where I had Augusta married to Jane, and they were parents, and grandparents on down. Now I find out that it's great aunt Augusta married to James!! I have to switch the gender on these two and it does not seem to be a very easy thing to do without totally loosing the children from the parents first. Would love to get some advise on the best way to accomplish this. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

William Silverthorn

A.K.A 'AgThorn'

San Diego, CA

I have a family line where I had Augusta married to Jane, and they were parents, and grandparents on down. Now I find out that it's great aunt Augusta married to James!! I have to switch the gender on these two and it does not seem to be a very easy thing to do without totally loosing the children from the parents first. Would love to get some advise on the best way to accomplish this. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

William Silverthorn

A.K.A 'AgThorn'

San Diego, CA

William

What I think I'd try:

Add a new Great Aunt Augusta and marry her off to a new James.

then go thru each of the original children and open their Father and Mother tags changing the id as applicable to the new Augusta and James

Then if I had other data I didn't want to lose on the original incorrect sex Augusta and Jane, I'd go back to them, delete the marriage tag, change their sex and merge them with the newly created correct versions of themselves to get all the rest of their data back together.

This is theory only, I haven't tried it <g>

Good luck

Lorna