nbradley

Abbreviated State Names on Charts

I'm sure that Robin L has raised this issue in the past but as it has only just impacted me I want to put further weight behind the arguement to have VCF Upgraded (that is my polite syntax for FIXED) to allow the use of abbreviated state names in Charts.

If ever there was a good place to use abbreviated state names it is within Ancestor and Descendant charts where every millimetre of space saved is precious when you are trying to maximise the amount of useful data you can fit on a page.

I know that I was a bit slow in running into this issue but I am somewhat perplexed as to how it remains an unresolved issue when it is plainly critical to optimising Chart output.

The background to this "whinge" is that I spent 5 hours yesterday training a group of people whose specific focus is to output charts to help Indigenous families understand their heratige. I have had to advise them to store all State names in an abbreviated form (Western Australia takes up a lot of space, particularly when it is repeated for Births, Deaths & Marriages) which I was a bit embarrassed about.

Edited by nbradley