TMG Gold V7.04: Windows XP Home SP3. Select either a descendant or anscestor box chart output. If I select images to be included, create report brings up the VCF window (empty) for about one second and then returns to the regular TMG window. If I run the same report with images = none, VCF runs ok and builds a valid chart. The images in question appear ok in other reports; such as, journals. I have run "validate file integrity" and "optimize" with no change in results. The interesting thing is this situation occurs only for one part of a specific family line (e.g., a father, his children and grandchildren). If I go one ancestor level above the father and select 2 generations (descendant box) then VCF generates the chart with images including the father.If I select 3 generations (descendant box), the "momentary" VCF situation occurs. Appears the problem is when going from the father level to his children. This worked correctly a week ago. Any ideas on the problem solution?

Joe,

My initial analysis has two parts to it:

1) it sounds like you have an image for a child that can't be handled by the image tools inside VCF. The appearance of images in other reports doen't mean that VCF can also handle that image.

2) what I would try is to go to the children and set the person image for each in turn to non-primary and try to generate a chart with images. I suspect that you will find that there is at least one image that will cause the effect where the father image shows the but the child one will not.

What format is/are this image(s)? What is its pixel dimensions?

Joe,

My initial analysis has two parts to it:

1) it sounds like you have an image for a child that can't be handled by the image tools inside VCF. The appearance of images in other reports doen't mean that VCF can also handle that image.

2) what I would try is to go to the children and set the person image for each in turn to non-primary and try to generate a chart with images. I suspect that you will find that there is at least one image that will cause the effect where the father image shows the but the child one will not.

What format is/are this image(s)? What is its pixel dimensions?

ROBIN,

You correctly identified the problem....many thanks. I had several images in 16 bit mode. VCF must only handle 8 bit mode.

Joe