Derek Baker

Journal Report ignores sentence structure for Notes

When I print a Journal report it ignores the sentence structure for Tag type Notes that do not have a date, e.g. a general note about someone that is not time dependant.

If I preview the sentence in the Tag Entry screen it shows correctly.

When I generate the Journal report it starts the sentence "At and unknown date...." which is a default setting where the date is not optional.

My Note syntax is Note: - <[D]> <[M]> <[L]>

Can someone please tell me how to fix the Journal as I am having to manually edit the Journal to replace "At an unknown date...." with "Note: ".

Thanks

Derek

Hi Derek,

There must be something else going on, as I cannot reproduce your symptoms. Could you check the sentences of this tag again? Perhaps there is a multiple language issue? Is your Note tag sentence in one language but your report output specified in another? Is your Male sentence different than your Female sentence? Something must be set differently for you as the tag sentence should give what you specify.

Derek,

This in not an issue with the Journal per se. I suspect the issue is that the Language setting of the report is not the same as the language in which your sentence appears. When you open the Tag Sentence, note which language is being used. Then, open the Report Options, and check the language there. I suspect you will find that they are different.

Terry thanks for the tip English in both cases but one US and the other UK.

"Americans and British are one people separated only by a common language." Winston Churchill.

Thanks

Derek