bluedog

Family Group Sheet and "XE" repeated text in report

Some of the tags in my Family Group Sheet have text repeated. Please look at the examples below. I'd appreciate if someone could tell me what I've done wrong and how to fix it. Thanks.

Burial: after 6 Oct 1909 Hennington Cemetery, Holland, Texas{XE "Hennington Cemetery:Holland, Texas"}.

Marriage: 27 Oct 1850 by Rev. Henry Hennington, Copiah County, Mississippi{XE "by Rev. Henry Hennington:Copiah County, Mississippi"}

Why is it doing that? I've checked the tags and I didn't do double entries. It happens A LOT on my burial tags.

Yes, the report is sent to Word. I will definitely look for the field code display tonight. Thanks.

Any ideas on why it is only doing that to some tags? Sometimes I do a copy & paste in TMG but not all the time and I nearly always do a paste special with only plain text.

The report appears to have indexing for 'Places by place detail' enabled. Check the Indexes tab in the report options.

It might be a good idea to reset the report configuration by clicking the [Delete] button on the report definition screen. Then test that default report to Word. After that, you can make any changes in Options that you prefer.

Yes, the 'Paces by place detail' was enabled. It's all fixed now. Thanks for your help, it's very much appreciated. You're a Peach, a Doll, a TMG Superhero in my eyes. :wub::thumbsup:

I hadn't worked much with Family Group Sheets prior to a month or so ago. It's all coming back to me now what happened during a little meltdown of WHY WON'T THIS PRINT WHAT I WANT and clicking everything there was to click. :blush: